44 minutes ago, Hank_Scorpio said:

Also, the use of strong, emphasis, these are web words - better to have Bold, Italics etc. better for typographical references especially for print docs. 

The point of character styles is that they can change. For example, you might want to emphasise with colour instead of italics.

2 minutes ago, Dave Harris said:

The point of character styles is that they can change. For example, you might want to emphasise with colour instead of italics.

Ah right - didn't realise these were related to text styles!

Suggest the text styles be named Italics, Bold, Bold Italic - instead. They are very web defined names. 

Cool text styles loaded by default - didn't notice. 

Can these be removed before starting a new doc?

Paragraph style doesn't seem to apply the character style (color, size, etc.) for drop caps (font size, color…).

And I think the default drop caps size is too short, it needs to begin at same level as "l" or highter character of the font.

2018-09-01_084447.png.d6110cfb192b50e2124f38a134d6c244.png2018-09-01_084537.png.f8c7b6cf3efaff69279700a0dea15dac.png

2018-09-01_085147.png.c4063aaa710fbed3ecb251014dca3b75.png

I agree. I do like the idea of the automatic implementation as currently in place, but sometimes we need to be able to explicitly input the number of characters, as auto can’t always know what we want to achieve. In another thread, I have given a couple examples from my work where this would be needed:

It would be nice too, to have possibility to omit the first character if it is an interpunction symbol.

Windows 10 x64 Pro
Dell Inspiron 7559 i7
Intel Core i7-6700HQ (3.50 GHz, 6M )
16GB Dual Channel DDR3L 1600MHz (8GBx2)
1TB HDD + 128 GB SSD Hard drive
UHD (3840 x 2160) Truelife LED- Backlit Touch Display
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M 4GB GDDR5

On 10/13/2019 at 10:45 PM, NightSky said:

Please, please, pretty please: we really need to be able to specify the number of characters that has to be used as drop caps.

This will be in 1.8, and the next beta.

Petar, can you give an example? If a line begins

"The,

I think it would look weird if the opening quote was not the same size as the T.

On 9/1/2018 at 10:15 AM, Wosven said:

And I think the default drop caps size is too short, it needs to begin at same level as "l" or highter character of the font

That depends on font design but I agree drop cap should not line with x-height but cap height. There is a wonderful tick in drop cap style "Align left edge" so there should be "Align to cap height" too.

5 hours ago, Dave Harris said:

This will be in 1.8, and the next beta.

Petar, can you give an example? If a line begins

"The,

I think it would look weird if the opening quote was not the same size as the T.

Opening quote wouldn't be so noticable in such a case. And together with a hanging interpunction (in the future) marks it could be really great.

Windows 10 x64 Pro
Dell Inspiron 7559 i7
Intel Core i7-6700HQ (3.50 GHz, 6M )
16GB Dual Channel DDR3L 1600MHz (8GBx2)
1TB HDD + 128 GB SSD Hard drive
UHD (3840 x 2160) Truelife LED- Backlit Touch Display
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M 4GB GDDR5