You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Transform images within their frames?

Thank you @A_B_C! That it – partially at least.

I saw this small panel in the tutorials and missed it. But now I see, it is only available if you use the picture frame tool and fill it with an image. If you place an image you don’t get this tool. And the tool itself isn’t really handy, or better: It is a source of annoyance: The small adjustment panel only appears for the first time. Deselecting the image and reselecting it needs to perform a double click onto the image to get the modification handles. If you now resize the image and try to resize the image container, the image will snap back to its original size. And that isn’t all. Just play with the tool! This is the first thing in Publisher, that lets me say „Absolutely unacceptable!“ (If I don’t use it completely wrong.)

I had the same issues when trying to re-size a .tiff file with a transparent background. The picture was overlaid across anther picture.

mac_heibu says it all - it works if you make a picture frame using the picture frame tool and then manipulate accordingly. After that you don't seem to be able to get back to it. Definitely needs more work on this tool ...

This all is unnecessarily complicated, not beautiful app design at all. Normally imported or created graphics do not have a "frame" at all, you just manipulate them with scale, rotate and crop – and that is perfectly fine, no need for fancier tools. If you want both rotate and retain straight format you need some kind of frame – and normal mask operation is ok for it. Frame tool is just a shortcut getting masked graphic. There is some difference though at least in layer icon, and if you try to use frame as a mask it sort of happens but behaves oddly.

This whole thinking should be troubleshooted to much cleaner workflow.

18 minutes ago, Fixx said:

Normally imported or created graphics do not have a "frame" at all, you just manipulate them with scale, rotate and crop – and that is perfectly fine, no need for fancier tools.

And you have that option available in Publisher, too. You can simply Place an image onto a page, or you can create a Picture Frame and Place the image into it.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.