You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Master layers

First off, big ups on the beta, I'm loving it!

I do have a suggestion: 

I would love (and haven't found) a way to create master pages with layers that you can place around the page's content.

I know I can currently treat the master page content as a layer and put stuff on top of below, and copy/paste stuff out of it to appear above the content (copy, not drag as that alters the master page).

I'd like to create a master page with two layers: a layer that defaults on top of the page content (where I can put watermark-like content) and a layer that defaults below of the content (where I can put stuff that may be obfuscated with page content, like the master defaults to now).

• Staff

@Altijd

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums :)

You can apply 2 master pages to a page using drag for one and ctrl+drag for the second from the Master Pages studio to the page in question. Then in the layers tab add a new layer and sit it between your master pages. Then reorder using drag so one master page is on top and one is underneath the new layer. 

(Having elements on a page that are both above and below a layer goes against the draw hierachy and very unlikely to be implemented.)

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

@Patrick Connor Thanks! Have been here for a few years, but up until now found everything I was looking for using the search function xD

Thanks for your reply! This is almost exactly what I was looking for! Amazing :) 
(In case other people looking for this: Right clicking on a master page -> apply to pages and then unchecking 'Replace Existing' makes this easy to do for a great number of pages at once.)

It might be a sweet addition to be able to denote if a master defaults to above or below the content.

Maybe something like a 'watermark' checkbox that makes a master layer 'stick' to the top when adding a new layer?

13 minutes ago, Patrick Connor said:

(Having elements on a page that are both above and below a layer goes against the draw hierachy and very unlikely to be implemented.)

Yeah multiple layers, or in this case, multiple masters was what I meant all along!

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.