You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Publisher Calendar wizard

The one thing I would like to see in Publisher is the Calendar Wizard as was in the previous page plus applications.

I design and sell calendars and use this application to accomplish this to a certain extent to set the calendar months up.

Its the one feature that would make me buy Publisher. I use it for other design but calendars are the main reason

• Staff

@Leatim

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forum :)

Affinity programs do not have "wizards" and the like as were in the Plus range, but the ability to create a calendar type table would probably be appreciated by many.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

As a calendar publisher, we design many calendars using Serif Plus 9 mostly until we found a wizard to use with Indesign 6. If Adobe can do it, so can Infinity. It’s a question of wanting too. It will assist many of your core supporters. Go For It! Were with you.

• 2 months later...
  • Staff

Calendars can be difficult things to get right ;) 

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

7 hours ago, Patrick Connor said:

Calendars can be difficult things to get right ;) 

Used to get the free calendars from various business. One year my parents' bank included a "Free Blank Sticker" to place over September 31. October the first was on the same day so it would've worked out okay.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm also voting for a calendar feature for APub (or AD, because AD can handle 12+1 pages for sure) :D At work we are also using the calendar wizard script (InDesign) at least 2-3 times a year. Would be awesome if Affinty Publisher would get a tool to set up calendars easily. :2_grimacing:

• 2 weeks later...

A Calendar Template, amongst other templates for commonly created media would be appreciated.  As it is, I don't find Affinity Publisher to be very useful or a time saving tool.  Not having templates and/or wizards is a step backwards in technology, and until you incorporate useful ones, I'm not likely to recommend your software to anyone.  I will recommend Serif's old Software though, because I've found all their applications easy to use, well thought out, and a complete set of tools to save time and create excellent publications and documents.

• 3 weeks later...

@Copper Star Media Yes, that's all done manually -- as everything is on one page, it's easy to see if the numbers and days connect.

For a day planner or something similar, I would probably try to find a smart way of misusing page and chapter numbers, make twelve files for the month and put the file name inthe document ... or have an intern do it and fire him the second I spot the first mistake (grin).

But seriously: If you look at it calendars frim an amount of text point of view, it's just about getting 365 numbers right, no impossible task.

4 hours ago, Jens Krebs said:

make twelve files for the month

You would only need one file.  Use section manager, create a section for each month, and restart page numbering each time.

9 hours ago, Copper Star Media said:

Did you have to manually enter all the numbers?

See also this thread: 

• 1 year later...