You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

First thoughts

Hi. I have been looking at the new publisher and like what I see. 

I have a few questions:

Is it possible to set up the UI so that the text frame boarders do not disappear when typing text?
Are you intending to enable Affinity Publisher to import documents from older versions?  I have many hundreds of .ppp files that I still need to open and edit.
Are you going to add mail merge capability at some point?
Is there a way to save document templates?

Thanks fro now.

• Staff

Hi Riball,

Welcome to the forums :)

I will answer the questions in the order they are asked.

1.  Is it possible to set up the UI so that the text frame boarders do not disappear when typing text?: As far as I'm aware there is no way to do this.
  2. Are you intending to enable Affinity Publisher to import documents from older versions? We have said publicly since the announcement of Affinity Publisher that it will not open PagePlus files. This is due to Publisher and PagePlus having completely different codebases and not sharing the same feature set.
  3. Are you going to add mail merge capability at some point? : Its not something we have any immediate plans for but that doesn't mean it can't happen.
  4. Is there a way to save document templates?: Not at the moment unfortunately.

Thanks

Callum

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.