You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Decorations not quite right. Maybe I'm doing something wrong but there are 2 issues here. Paragraphs 2,3 4 have the same style called "box"

1) The fill is in the gap between paragraphs

2) The fill overlaps the border of the top box (the bottom one is fine).

If these could be sorted out I think this feature would be really useful.

2018-08-31 10_45_18-Affinity Publisher.jpg

Windows 10 Pro, I5 3.3G PC 16G RAM

• 3 weeks later...

@PyrosBrotherI think your second decoration is working.

You have applied a transparency to it, so that the left side is totally transparent. Thus you can't see the yellow line, and the green fill rapidly fades from the right.

Change the transparency to none, and it looks as you are expecting.

Win10 Home x64   |   AMD Ryzen 7 2700X @ 3.7GHz   |   48 GB RAM   |   1TB SSD   |   nVidia GTX 1660   |   Wacom Intuos Pro

Aa

3 minutes ago, Aammppaa said:

@PyrosBrotherI think your second decoration is working.

You have applied a transparency to it, so that the left side is totally transparent. Thus you can't see the yellow line, and the green fill rapidly fades from the right.

Change the transparency to none, and it looks as you are expecting.

Thank you for you answer.

You're right for not seeing the yellow line because of transparency but it's not the problem at all. The problem occurs when I play with options in decoration. In this particular file I played with transparency.

Here is a screenshot I got when reverse the transparency. As you can see, that's ok now for seeing yellow line (but it's grayed !) and the fill color is grayed also as in my previous transparency settings.

Could you confirm your result with a screen capture too please if it's good for you ?

Hope this helps.

bad_result_with_decoration.png

This certainly seems to be a bug.

I get the same result as you when transparency is applied.

Without transparency the colours appear correctly.

Win10 Home x64   |   AMD Ryzen 7 2700X @ 3.7GHz   |   48 GB RAM   |   1TB SSD   |   nVidia GTX 1660   |   Wacom Intuos Pro

1 minute ago, Aammppaa said:

I get the same result as you when transparency is applied.

Without transparency the colours appear correctly.

So you agree the result is bad. What I except is a yellow line and a fade out green fill with this decoration.

As you if I deactivate the transparency on this file I got the result excepted.

The greying / loss of colour  seems to happen when you combine transparency with a stroke and a fill.

1. Create a new document, insert a text frame and add filler text.
  2. Add a decoration to the frame with a coloured fill (works correctly)
  3. Apply a linear transparency to the gradient (works correctly)
  4. Add a stroke to the left side as part of the same decoration…
    Bug: Both the coloured fill and the stroke appear in greyscale.

As a workaround you can apply the stroke as Decoration1 and the fill as Decoration2.

20 minutes ago, Aammppaa said:

The greying / loss of colour  seems to happen when you combine transparency with a stroke and a fill.

1. Create a new document, insert a text frame and add filler text.
  2. Add a decoration to the frame with a coloured fill (works correctly)
  3. Apply a linear transparency to the gradient (works correctly)
  4. Add a stroke to the left side as part of the same decoration…
    Bug: Both the coloured fill and the stroke appear in greyscale.

As a workaround you can apply the stroke as Decoration1 and the fill as Decoration2.

Thank you for your answer and your workaround.

Of course my post is mainly to inform Serif of bugs in this decoration feature and not for getting this horrible result I get with your workaround...

But I put it in action and get another bad bug I encounter playing with this module as you can see in this screen capture.

Hope this helps too.

another_bug_with_decoration.png

Edited by PyrosBrother
It's my bad... Here is a selection problem. Publisher loose my selection on my object. Do not take care of that screenshot

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.