You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

This applies to Designer (and, for that matter, Photo too) but it‘s particularly noticeable in Publisher because it‘s intended for handling longer texts.

When I type a soft return (shift return) I expect to get a simple line break within a paragraph — i.e. with no paragraph spacing above or below, or indent. For instance, if there is a short word starting a new sentence at the end of a line, I will usually want to soft return it onto the next line. In all Affinity products, though, a soft return gets treated as if it were just a normal return (starting a new paragraph). I can‘t see any advantage in this, but it can be really annoying when each of these new lines has to have the spacing changed to zero. Could this be added to the snagging list?

Hi @jamessouttar

I think you're getting this because Affinity's default shortcut for a soft return on a Mac is ctrl-return, not shift-return:

889056916_Screenshot2018-08-31at10_58_56.png.9873c96c538bbca276459e55893d0033.png

Typing shift-return gives me an ordinary paragraph end, rather than just a line end (aka 'soft return').

But you can change this in Preferences:

1447226333_Screenshot2018-08-31at11_01_14.png.7b8e93e6093c1a3aebcc68d3d0122ad1.png

Cheers,

h_d

Affinity Photo 2.0.3,  Affinity Designer 2.0.3, Affinity Publisher 2.0.3, Mac OSX 13, 2018 MacBook Pro 15" Intel.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.