You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Zooming (via mouse) zooms anywhere but clickpoint

Hi there,

first of all: i'm super excited about AP.
At the moment i'm recreating a newspaper layout i've done in ID and use zooming a lot.

What is annoying is that everytime i click (doesn't matter if zoom in or out) it centers anywhere but the point clicked.
In almost all cases i end up somewhere in unused space (gray) or even other pages - but nowhere near the intended spot.

This works flawless (at least for me) in AF and AD.

Thanks for looking in to this (or perhaps explaining that i'm doing something wrong here ;-)).

On 8/31/2018 at 11:09 AM, cpoh said:

What is annoying is that everytime i click (doesn't matter if zoom in or out) it centers anywhere but the point clicked.

Yes, it is a bug in APub, which doesn't appear in APhoto nor AD.

I zoom a lot as well, and use therefore the pressed mouseweel, which is very handy. To get back to zoom to fit just left double click, while the move/hand tool is selected. Try it out ;)

Unfortunately the double click doesn't work while pressing the space bar yet, but I hope it wil be fixed sooner or later...

7 hours ago, Chris_K said:

HI cpoh

Is this using the space bar shortcuts instead of the zoom too itself?

If so this is an already known issue that we have logged

Thanks

Hi Kris_K

no, i'm just using the zoom tool with mouse (left clicks) and the ALT-Key to alter zooming in or out.

It seem to happen only if you have more than one page in the document (in my case a 32 page newspaper layout).

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.