You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I'm not good at 'playing' with software - the only way I can find if I like it, or come across bugs and suchlike, is if I use it to do something 'real' - however unimportant and mundane that 'real' might be. I needed to write a letter - for which I'd usually use Pages - but decided to use Publisher. And I have to say, I really like it.

Why? 

I think, primarily, because it's reassuringly familiar. I've used Pagemaker, and then Indesign, since the early 1990s - I practically know my way around them in my sleep. And I'm finding that it takes very little effort to use Publisher in the way I'm accustomed to. I'm sure that, as I try more complex things, I'll find things which aren't familiar, things which don't work the same way, and things with new names which I struggle to find just because they've been renamed. But I'm happy to say that, so far, this looks like just what I wanted to replace Indesign.

Keep up the good work.

Phil

P.S. If you provide a filter to import .indd files (from CS5.5), I'll be as happy as Larry. At the moment, I have a number of 'stalled' long-term projects, which I can't work on, because I don't have access to them (my old Mac died, and has had to be replaced, by one running High Sierra which won't run CS5.5)