You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Cannot edit text

I have created a simple document with linked text frames and filled it with the filler text.

Added some paragraph settings etc and I now cannot select text elements anymore.

Only the full text.

I can start typing and it will add characters at the start of the text. If I click the right arrow on the keybord to go to the next character position it jumps to the end of the full text.

Template1_Simple_edit_text_not_working_not_selectable.afpub

And if the text is selected it doesn't highlight all text elements (see screenshot.)

001.thumb.png.426a56c220155c4eb4d2672a486f474f.png

System                                                              Notebook Lenovo P50

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3900x                              CPU: Intel i7-6700HQ

RAM: 64 GB                                                   RAM: 32 GB

GPU: RTX 3080 TI                                         GPU: NVIDIA Quadro M2000M 4 GB

SSD: Samsung 980 PRO 1 TB                       SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 500GB

OS: Windows 11 Edu x64                               OS: Windows 10 x64

TFT: 1 x Samsung C49RG94SSU                  TFT: 2 x Lenovo

Just found the solution for one of the problems here from MikeW: POST

"Right-click in it and choose expand. It's a variable. You can also insert it as text instead of a variable and even add your own text to insert in Preferences.  "

System                                                              Notebook Lenovo P50

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3900x                              CPU: Intel i7-6700HQ

RAM: 64 GB                                                   RAM: 32 GB

GPU: RTX 3080 TI                                         GPU: NVIDIA Quadro M2000M 4 GB

SSD: Samsung 980 PRO 1 TB                       SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 500GB

OS: Windows 11 Edu x64                               OS: Windows 10 x64

TFT: 1 x Samsung C49RG94SSU                  TFT: 2 x Lenovo

I find that I can't highlight text although I am still effectively selecting and applying changes as normal - it just isn't highlighting the text to which the changes are to be made.  Nor can I see the cursor - again I can place it and move it as normal.  I just can't see it. 

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.