You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Imposition: sheets per signature

In the Book printing model I can only have one sheet per signature. I'm hoping this is a bug. What I'd expect to happen (although I have no experience of other software) is that Book would be a collection of booklets for pp1-12; 13-24 etc (for three sheets per signature).

In Serif PagePlus the ‘Book’ option is also one sheet per signature, so I suspect this is by design in Affinity Publisher.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

• 5 months later...
On 8/31/2018 at 1:24 AM, David Edge said:

So how do people print real books? I'm producing small runs of artist's books so it's not something I can leave to a printing company.

Are you also printing these books yourself? 

2 minutes ago, fde101 said:

That is basically the definition of an artist's book - a book made by the artist.

Not necessarily so. 

Whatever the OP's definition, unless one is also doing the sewn signatures and binding, being able to do signatures oneself doesn't typically apply.

I have yet to experience a professional print establishment, especially one that is producing a sewn binding, want anything but single page pdfs.

I don't know if Serif will ever add the capability to produce signatures. There are capable imposition applications that do this, though. 

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.