You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Text flow messes up font size

I'm very impressed with Publisher Beta! I didn't have much time to test yet but I think I've encountered one problem.

I created a new text frame by clicking on the little text flow triangle of my first frame. When I wrote text into the first frame it changed size when it flowed into the other frame. So for instance I had 10pt in the first frame and 12pt in the second. So I changed the font size in the second frame to 10pt and it looked the same as in the first frame but when I deleted some text in the first frame the text from the second came back even smaller than 10pt.  

• Staff

Hey Llamallamaduck, welcome to the Affinity Forums.

Are you able to reproduce this in a new document? Do you have the affected file that you could attach? I'm struggling to reproduce this so any extra info would be fab! Thanks :) 

I've experienced this: both the larger text and then when editing anything entering the frame in question from a subsequent frame having a smaller font size. Seems to occur if you try to connect from the existing frame, to another existing frame. In my case, when I look at the details for the the frame which has the larger text at the top of the screen after drawing, the paragraph style entry is blank. Once the text link is made, this changes to Body+ (frames with normal size text have just Body in paragraph style entry at top of screen). It isn't happening consistently.

So I think the issue is that it is possible for the style settings for the text frames to vary for for some reason. I'm not sure why. I'm not particularly skilled with this sort of software, and it's possible my work flow is periodically. File is attached in case it is helpful

untitled.afpub

Thinking about what I did. The first few frames were present with text in. I drew the frame which ended up with the large text, and then went back to the previous frame and linked them up.

I've no idea why, but for some reason when drawing that frame, it came up with paragraph style entry at top of page blank. I've managed to do it more than once, but it isn't consistent. It may well be related to the order I've done things.

6 minutes ago, kazrbutler said:

Thinking about what I did. The first few frames were present with text in. I drew the frame which ended up with the large text, and then went back to the previous frame and linked them up.

When you drew the frame which ended up with the large text, did you enlarge it by dragging on the extra handle (just outside the bottom right-hand corner)?

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

To be honest, I can't remember. And yes that will alter font size.  But that wouldn't explain why when I first drew the frame, the paragraph style entry was blank.  And for some reason, I can't replicate that this morning.

I'm not saying that it is a bug: it may well be something caused by my clicking on the wrong things. Just having experienced it, I had just a little more information to add to what the original poster had shared.

• 1 year later...

Hello,

Same strange behaviours in applying paragraph styles into linked text frames. In the same styled paragraph, the font size changes randomly in the frame (should be 9pt). And as you can see, the formatting of the paragraph style is cleared.

publisher-parag-style-font-size.jpg

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.