You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Proportional Resizing Object

To resize objects proportionally click and drag holding down the shift key.

With a group of objects the resize them proportionally click and drag holding down the option key

A small but important UI issue. It should be the same for all. Otherwise the user has to consciously choose, interrupting workflow.

I agree! Perhaps it would be good to have a "maintain aspect ratio" checkbox (sticky) for scaling anything. I LOVE the fact that I don't have to hold shift to maintain proportions for some items! I wish it pertained to all objects. For me, it's only the 'curves' objects that I have to hold down shift to maintain proportions.

I'm tired of holding down the shift key since the 1980s to keep things in proportion. I almost NEVER want to scale things disproportionately...thank you Affinity for seeing that this needed to change!

In all of the Affinity apps there is a Preferences setting for ‘Move Tool Aspect Constrain’. The installation default is ‘Automatic’ mode: objects such as photos (which have a natural aspect ratio) keep their aspect ratio, but other objects do not. You can change the default so that all types of objects are treated the same way by default, and in all cases you can hold down the Shift key to get the opposite of the default behaviour.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.