You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Guide Master to Slave not accurately shown

Don't know if someone have spotted this but the guide lines from Master to Slave is not accurately shown. See photos. Notice the right guide line distant to margin of the Master (blank) is shorter than it the right guide line to margin on Slave (Picture). 

Screen Shot 2018-08-30 at 6.06.45 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-08-30 at 6.06.26 PM.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/3/2018 at 4:49 AM, Chris_K said:

Hi wyenphoto

I'm not getting this the guide are appearing in the exact same position for me. Are you able to provide an example file that demonstrates the issue?

Thanks

I'd attached two example screenshots. Are you not able to view the screenshots?

3 hours ago, wyenphoto said:

I'd attached two example screenshots. Are you not able to view the screenshots?

I think @Chris_K is asking for an .afpub file that demonstrates this issue -- screenshots are not much help if the issue can't be duplicated from what they show.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

Just checked your file, the margins are different from the Master to the Page. 1.5 for the inner on the Master and 1.25 for the inner on the Page. 1 inch for all the others on both. Check it with the 'Spread Setup'.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

5 minutes ago, Old Bruce said:

Just checked your file, the margins are different from the Master to the Page. 1.5 for the inner on the Master and 1.25 for the inner on the Page. 1 inch for all the others on both. Check it with the 'Spread Setup'.

I'd set the spread setup in the master to 1.5" for the inner than add page or apply master to page and it changes to 1.25" for the inner margin. Shouldn't it carry the Master 1.5" to the Page?

For some reason the margins set for the master page are not carried over to the pages to which it is applied. Very odd. We have to set the Margins for the individual page spreads.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.