On 9/1/2018 at 12:16 PM, Dave Harris said:

Yes, we'll add more export formats in future to support e-publications. (I'm not going to commit to exactly which ones.) For this initial 1.7 release we chose to coast with our existing PDF because we had so much else to do. We have left a lot of work to do over the coming years.

Thank you Dave for responding :)  Knowing that e-publications will be supported in the future is a good thing.   

23 hours ago, stunev said:

Talk of alternative ePub creation software like Jutoh and Sigil is missing the point, yes you can use other programs to create ebooks but why would you want to start from scratch with clunky software when, using InDesign you create one beautiful  layout and export for print or ePub. This is where Affinity are getting it wrong by not providing ePub export as a basic feature. I’ve said it before, this is a deal breaker.

InDesign is so expensive, and I was looking forward to a cheap alternative to allow me to create eBook files with low delivery costs on Amazon (those pesky delivery charges)! Hopefully, they'll fix this soon, and this will become a viable option for publishers to use! Also, when that time comes, hopefully they'll also allow images to be embedded as repeated images without increasing file size--again, delivery charges. Until that happens, there's really not much to do with the software, since eBook is a far bigger industry for indie authors. So, looking forward when this is eBook compatible. :D

Just adding my voice to this. Ebook formats needed here too.

iMac: iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, 2017)  -   3.4 GHz Intel Core i5   -   8 GB 2400 MHz DDR4  -  Radeon Pro 560 4096 MB 

Windows: Nvidia gtx 960m 4k uhd 2gb ram video (Windows 10 Pro) -  Laptop screen (resolution 3840x2160 magnified 300%)

When they come around to doing it.. do what you've done with PagePlus... add a 2nd export menu option, so it looks like this:

1. Export Print Publishing - As is really, optimal print profile settings as default for User Printing / Print Book Publishing / Printing shops.

2. Export Digital Publishing - epub3, PDF (with digital ebook profile set as default).

PDF will be on both export options, by default set for their respective optimal profile (print v ebook, of course uses can tweak change as is).

I won't be buying Publisher until it is released to allow me to create books that i can create then export for Print Press (printing house) and ebooks (epub3 for apple, google and amazon kindle (via converter)) and PDF digital (not high quality print press) for my website.

I'm looking to create a few booklets series that i can have printed and publish via the existing etail platforms.

Why isn't this pinned to the top as it's one of the most sought / expected options.

A little under 1/3 of Amazon book sales are ebooks, and it's becoming common for a print book to have a Kindle alternative. Having said that, it is also true that ebook sales as a percentage of overall sales are starting to flatten, so print is hardly going to go away.

Independent publishers want to have one platform to output both print and ebooks. After all, the content is the same. i haven't seen any numbers on this, but with my own buying habits, I see the great majority of ebooks are simple text books, some with photo sections, but rarely with photos that have to be in a certain place in relation to the text (outside of the cover and some chapter "numbers" that are images). Fixed layout books are important to certain market segments (kids books, graphic novels, etc.) but IMO remain relatively limited overall.

So reflowable ePub is very important. We should all remember the slow evolution of ePub support in ID, beginning with a very buggy implementation in CS5.5. Hopefully, we can expect better from Affinity/Serif (i.e. *not* buggy) and see solid ePub support roll-out in phases. I regularly edit ePubs using Sigil, fixing things ID did not get quite right. So if I had to do that with Publisher, I could live with it, particularly if I was taking care of things not yet supported by Publisher, rather than fixing buggy output.

Yes, once you touch the ebook with Sigil, you basically lose the ability to do updates with ID or Publisher. So yeah, I would like to see everything in Publisher at some point.