You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Stroke and colour settings in Designer

I find that every time I use the brush in Designer I'm having to reset the stroke and fill settings to what I want with each new object.

How do I get Designer to retain the settings after completing one object so that they will also apply to the next object?

Every time?

Designer settings are sticky so should carry on with the last setting. Or do you mean every time with a new document?

Edit > Defaults > Save will save your settings as the default between new documents.

Windows PCs. Photo and Designer, latest non-beta versions.

No, in same document.  I can draw an object but I find even if I set a fill BEFORE drawing, there is no fill when drawn. Have to put it in afterwards.... really annoying.

Then, whatever I've set for the stroke thickness and colour is NOT used when I draw the next object.  I cannot find anyway to make the settings stick and, unfortunately, the "Help" doesn't seem to have anything on it.

Am I missing something?

Do you mean the Vector Brush Tool or something else?

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

Hi, pfbt,

The vector brush does not have a fill by default. The pen and pencil can be set to have a fill, but they cant have a brush stroke associated by default. All three require adjustment after use if you want both fills and a brush stroke. Depending on the tool, those are exceptions.

If you define a style w those attributes, you can use any of the 3 tools mentioned, and get any or all objects to have the style in a few clicks.

iMac 27" Retina, c. 2015: OS X 10.11.5: 3.3 GHz I c-5: 32 Gb,  AMD Radeon R9 M290 2048 Mb

iPad 12.9" Retina, iOS 10, 512 Gb, Apple pencil

Huion WH1409 tablet