You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Troublesome to Select-and-Drag Text Boxes

In Affinity Designer, I can easily move a text box simply by clicking once, holding down my mouse and dragging.  Not so with Affinity Publisher.  When I try that, it merely puts the cursor inside to edit text!  Yes, I am aware I can move text objects in Publisher by clicking precisely on the box edge, but that's not easy sometimes.  If you deliberately put that selection behavior in Publisher for a good reason, then regardless of that reason I would suggest you allow me to press-and-hold the Command key so I can click-and-drag text boxes with ease (without putting the cursor inside the text box for editing).  This applies to Table Text as well.

Thanks.

You're right.  The Move tool solves the problem.  Even so, I'd love to see the CMD key enable easier text box selection for click-and-drag while the text tool is still selected.  That would be easier than having to slick on the very edge of the box.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.