You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Redraw Bug?

I just downloaded Publisher and am testing it on my late 2015 5K iMac (top end model with all the BTO bells and whistles).  When I click any of the blue tools (Rectangle, Ellipse, Rounded Rectangle, or Triangle) and then proceed to click and draw to sketch the object on the page, the gray fill of the object being draw lags behind my arrow cursor while it is being drawn.  For example, as I draw out to the right to expand its size, there's a white gap between the gray fill and the object edges at right.  And as I draw left and inward to shrink its size, the gray fill overflows the right edges of the object.

If you sketch the object very, very slowly, there are no issues with the gray fill of your object being drawn.  But if you sketch your object quickly (which is normal speed for me), you will see the problem with the fill very clearly.

Is this by design or a bug?

Not a big issue perhaps, but I mention it since the app is still in Beta.

• 1 month later...

I just downloaded 1.7.0.145 and tested.  No improvement to the lag issue.  It happens on most tools, including the Artistic Text Tool .  Select that tool, then click and drag on your page.  You see a letter A being drawn with a blue outline and black fill.  The fill lags behind the blue outline as you drag to make it bigger and smaller.

I'm not suggesting this is a showstopper bug, but it looks very tacky and tarnishes the feel of your otherwise excellent app.  If you cannot fix this, then I suggest you add a preference setting to turn off object fill or content display (i.e., "draw outline only"), which is what InDesign does.  I'm not saying InDesign is better.  I am just saying that the lag may bother some people so you should try to fix it and if you can't then allow us to disable the root cause of the problem (realtime display of the fill/content).

Thanks.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.