You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

JDI Improvements: New Document Dialog

Hi.

The following basic functionalities are definitely needed prior to release / would be obvious oversights IMO:

1. Set the number of pages in the document. 

2. Under Include Margins, add a "sync lock" widget so changing one value changes them all.

3. Add Page Bleed section, have it behave same as margins including a sync lock.

One thing I really like: all the International Paper presets. InDesign doesn't do this by default. Retrieve margin from printer also a cool concept but haven't tested it yet.

Bumping this for mods. Saw at least two other threads with same point about margin sync lock and adding bleeds. Maybe we can merge these into this thread since this one also contains a page number / quantity request? Get everyone talking about it in the same place (or as much as possible — only gone back about 6 pages).

Yes, needs the sync lock on margins (and anywhere else such selections appear). Also make those little up/down arrows next to the blocks and allow the value in the block, when the value is highlighted, to be increased or decreased in small values (I prefer points & picas) using the up & down arrow keys. (Ok) I just found I could use smaller amounts (decimal Inches anyway) holding the option key with the up/down arrow.