You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

• Staff

I see no issue here, except we should of used the term punctuation on a path.... a very flat and invisible path... O.o

But in all honesty, a good find.  So i take it this is Designer/Publisher on Windows?  I won't be able to confirm anything till Monday when i'm back with my Windows machine but will raise it with the Docs team :) 

It is indeed Designer on Windows. Clicking on it takes me to a topic (I forget what the topic was and am at work right now) so I think you just need to add a title ('How To Do Five Question Marks In A Line' might work).

I like turtles!

Windows 11

Sony A7iii

Sony A7riii

Sony A7Rii

Sony RX10 Mkiii

Canon G5x

Mavic Mini drone

A partridge

A pear tree (occupied)

www.philrosephoto.com

18 minutes ago, Phil_rose said:

I think you just need to add a title ('How To Do Five Question Marks In A Line' might work).

Six, actually! ;)

The Help in my AD on Windows installation (version 1.6.5.123) looks different. Instead of ‘Tools’ and ‘Panels’ appearing at the top level of the index, they’re nested under ‘Workspace’ alongside ‘More’ and ‘Customize’. I couldn’t see where that row of question marks is lurking.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

• Staff
6 minutes ago, αℓƒяє∂ said:

I couldn’t see where that row of question marks is lurking

Do you have an option for Text down the left?  Thats where it is on my Mac.  

Having said that from the screenshot @Phil_rose doesn't show anything on the left as selected, as i would expect.. Can you just confirm which version of Designer you are running @Phil_rose

4 minutes ago, stokerg said:

Do you have an option for Text down the left?  Thats where it is on my Mac.  

Having said that from the screenshot @Phil_rose doesn't show anything on the left as selected, as i would expect.. Can you just confirm which version of Designer you are running @Phil_rose

To quote Manuel from Fawlty Towers, "Heventwally". I am at work but will try to check when I get home.

I like turtles!

Windows 11

Sony A7iii

Sony A7riii

Sony A7Rii

Sony RX10 Mkiii

Canon G5x

Mavic Mini drone

A partridge

A pear tree (occupied)

www.philrosephoto.com

• Staff

Sorry this is not the right help for Designer. It has Tables! I think it is the Publisher help and it is not finished. It is identical to my Windows Publisher help which has ????? as a reminder to the documentation team to do more typing!

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

5 minutes ago, stokerg said:

Do you have an option for Text down the left?

Yes, I do, but clicking on it just expands/collapses the tree. The right-hand pane displays the selected topic, rather than a list like the one in Phil’s screenshot.

Alfred spacer.png

• Staff
Just now, Patrick Connor said:

It is identical to my Windows Publisher help

Thanks Patrick.  On Mac, you have the Text option down the left, click that to expand the menu, get the heading Text Styles and it take you to text styles. So does seem to function correctly on the Mac. But as you say, the help is a work in progress so i'd expect some difference at this early stage of the Beta.

• Staff
2 minutes ago, αℓƒяє∂ said:

Yes, I do, but clicking on it just expands/collapses the tree. The right-hand pane displays the selected topic, rather than a list like the one in Phil’s screenshot.

see Patricks posts :) 

2 minutes ago, Patrick Connor said:

Sorry this is not the right help for Designer. It has Tables! I think it is the Publisher help and it is not finished. It is identical to my Windows Publisher help which has ????? as a reminder t the documentation team to do more typing!

Oh, well spotted, Patrick!

Alfred spacer.png

5 minutes ago, stokerg said:

I found it funny, so if you find anymore just post them :) It's always nice to see these glitches and means we can get them resolved for final release :)  

I just didn't want to get on anyone's ass about what I know is a beta! It's looking REALLY good, by the way. 

I like turtles!

Windows 11

Sony A7iii

Sony A7riii

Sony A7Rii

Sony RX10 Mkiii

Canon G5x

Mavic Mini drone

A partridge

A pear tree (occupied)

www.philrosephoto.com

They're breeding lol!

1505546932_ScreenShot2018-08-31at19_40_57.thumb.png.f9371e24f434cfa94121239622dd4344.png

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

• Staff

Much as this is fun, the Publisher help is not really ready for critique so this won't be reported back to the docs team till they say it can be checked.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon