You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Copying objects while inserting pages

Inserting pages, I need to duplicate objects from a source page - I cannot find any way to do that on the insert page dialog. Am I missing something?

In particular I need to replicate the text boxes. Adding a text box to all 48 pages gets tedious, even if I do copy and paste, and align.

• Staff

Hi falling star,

Couldn't you just place the text frame on the initial page and then right-click > Duplicate. You'd have to manually duplicate the page for however many you need but it would be quicker than copy/pasting a text box and aligning it.

It might be worth suggesting that we add a dialog that asks you how many times you want to duplicate a page or to promote objects from the master page so they can be edited individually. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/31/2018 at 4:52 AM, Chris B said:

Ah, once you've duplicated a few pages, you can select them all and that amount will be doubled if you duplicate again. It still isn't ideal but might be better until we can add some missing functionality. 

Thanks, I', just starting a new 48 page project... I'll try it.