You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I'm new to vector editing and creation. I've watched all of the official tutorials, and am trying to learn more. There are a lot of great Illustrator tutorials out there, and sometimes they work in Designer.

Here's one (below). Having never used Illustrator, and being new to Designer, I wonder whether the Object > Make > Blend, and other tools, have Designer equivalents. I can't find anything in AD like what's in this short tutorial...can anybody point me in the right direction? Thanks!

• Staff

Hi GeneralHavok and Welcome to the Forums,

I know we have plans to add a blend tool but i've no idea if it will work in the same way as the video you posted shows. 

I can't see a way of getting the same effect in Designer at the moment but i'm sure if someone has any tips, they will post here shortly :) 

• 1 year later...

I have been waiting for Affinity to finally deliver vector blending before I purchase this program.  Without it, it is useless for my applications.  I unfortunately have to stick with my least favorite company Adobe for this.  Maybe Affinity can lift this from the old Freehand application, which actually had the ability to use 5000 blends.  Adobe can't or won't match that.  Let's go Affinity, a lot of people are waiting.

11 hours ago, 1omb said:

Maybe Affinity can lift this from the old Freehand application ...

I am not sure what you mean by "lift" but you do know that Adobe owns Freehand now, right?

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

Yeah, Adobe bought its way into web and vector design while placing tolls or tearing down bridges behind. Affinity had to re-invent lots of wheels to create their suite of apps. Probably a misuse of metaphor, but you get the idea. The vector blend/ morph wheel is just another barrier. I would like this ability, plus the ability to handle spot color duotones, tri-tones, etc..

I live in hope.