I know that Publisher is a complete new program, but one main heading seems to have been forgotten, INSERT.  Importing;  a Publication (another afpub), Text Files, Hyperlinks, Anchors, Interactive, Media Clips, PDF Form field, and QR Codes.  I thought that these were all good features and very useful.

I saw the insert feature for page number. 

Maybe you can add to insert specific information like current date or personal information like email address, phone number and address.

Can you explain further what you need, or what you mean by Insert being missing?

I can't be sure what the original poster meant, but having played with the software a little more, it would be good if you could copy a page from another AP document, or even a whole AP document into a second document you are working in.

Occasionally, I work on a file for a client which she will later add to her book file in Page Plus. As we are both working at the same time, we can't work on the same file. 

I can see plenty of advantages in working on a book in a single file, but this would give it the flexibility to overcome the main disadvantage of not having separate files for individual sections.

15 hours ago, kazrbutler said:

it would be good if you could copy a page from another AP document, or even a whole AP document into a second document you are working in. 

It does not seem to be possible to copy pages from one document to another, except possibly by copying/pasting the layers of the page.

You can embed one .afpub document in another (File > Place...). I have no idea why you might do that, nor what effect it is intended to have on, e.g., printing or export.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1809, 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.6.5.123 and 1.7.0.333 Beta       / Affinity Designer 1.6..5.123 and 1.7.0.333 Beta    / Affinity Publisher 1.7.0.330 Beta

I think the request is that you be able to add things like web links to a publications so that when it is printed as a pdf and viewed online, the reader can click a link and be take to a website. Also, see my previous post. when a text spans several pages and multiple frames, it is important to be able to include a reference to the location of the next page, so the reader can follow.