You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Fonts in User Interface (UI) are too pixelated

Finally we got it what we've been waiting for.. Thank you Affinity. 

On the first start I found some visually issues. Like the UI font's are too pixelated in windows 10. I've used both AP and AD on mac, but downloaded this Publisher on Windows as trial. 

please check the screenshot I attached, the left is Photoshop and on the right Publisher.

I didn't check any performance or functional thing. this was the first thing I found apparently

affinity pix.png

Text doesn't look like that on my pc. You're sure you didn't turn off anything font related in the windows settings. Or driver settings?

Windows 11 - 23H2 ⊕ ASUS PRIME X670E-Pro ⊕ AMD Ryzen 9-7900X ⊕ Arctic Liquid Cooler II ⊕ 64GB RAM ⊕ OS SSD Samsung 980Pro 2Tb ⊕ Cache SSD Samsung 870 EVO 1Tb ⊕ Video HD WD Blue 4Tb ⊕ Geforce RTX 3060 12Gb ⊕ BenQ SW270C ⊕ Dell U2412M ⊕ Affinity Photo 2.3.x ⊕ Affinity Designer 2.3.x ⊕ Affinity Publisher 2.3.x

I am using windows 10 with a GPu Nvidia 870 I don’t think there is anything related to fonts settings in the control panel or anywhere.  if this could be the case then why Adobe is showing the fonts  very smooth  but not the affinity. is there any option that could we can change the application level fonts. 

By the way which font  affinity is using for user interface , maybe my system is missing that specific font so that’s why this pixelation  is appearing ? 

This is so then this shouldn’t be installed by the application by itself ?

In your Windows Display settings, there should be a Scale setting if some kind, with values like 100% or 125% or 150%, etc. What do you have yours set to?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

look at another image.. 

rendering of fonts is fine, like all fonts in fonts list is smooth, because that is loading "actual installed" fonts..., similarly the text written on document "Affinity Publisher" is smooth too..

but the font used in UserInterface is blasted..  (please see this image as 100% view)

affinity pix2.png

• Staff

Affinity Publisher is a WPF application and follows the normal text drawing for such applications according to the type of display that they are on. As I understand it WPF will use ClearType unless the framework determines that the user has disabled it. Have you disabled ClearType option in your display settings?

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.