I've been using Affinity Designer to create files for use on a laser cutter and because there is no option for a hairline stroke (or near zero stroke width) I have to take my files into another program to change the stroke width before I can use the files on the laser cutter (The laser cutter views hairline or near zero stroke widths as a cut line). I love Affinity Designer but having to bring my file back and forth between different programs makes it rather frustrating. If you could please add an option for hairline or near zero stroke width (such as .001) it would make the process of designing files for laser cutting a lot less frustrating.

Regardless, the request for a hairline stroke weight setting is valid. (It's been brought up before in other threads.)

For those not familiar, a hairline stroke weight always renders at the smallest width possible on the output device, be it your monitor or an imagesetter. This is advantageous when drawing paths in detailed illustrations, during which we are constantly zooming in and out. Having stroke weight set to hairline feels more precise and is less distracting because the stroke weight is always drawn the same, regardless of zoom. The extreme zooming capabilities of Affinity as compared to other programs buttresses the point.

It's a great feature, a standard setting in PostScript, and it should be provided in every vector drawing software.

JET