You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Delete Key Does Not Delete Instead It Adds A Space

CHD - yes I have this problem as well.  Totally frustrating. The only way I can delete even the one letter is to highlight it and cut.

Also experienced problems with not been able to print as mentioned elsewhere on this forum.

Having said that I think the software is amazing for first beta.

Keep up the excellent work Affinity

I saw something similar to this when I was trying to delete a text frame that had multiple columns in it. Not sure what caused it but if I just make a new frame and add type and hit delete, it does delete the most recent character. At the same time the actual frame disappears and then reappears a second later so they've got some screen refresh bugs to work out. That might be part of what's happening here.

If you mean that you cannot delete the text frame using the delete key (when the text frame tool is active), I think the text frames should be deleted with the select tool -  like is currently the case with Designer. As far as deleting the text in the text frame goes, that should delete without issue with the text frame tool active. For those of you having this issue, is your keyboard the full keyboard or the laptop keyboard? 

Thanks for the thought Jane E.

The problem was not with the frame but the actual text which could not be deleted with the delete key which acted as a space bar.

I'm using an iMac with cordless full keyboard.

The weird thing is that this happened every day since I downloaded the beta but this morning I tested it again and now the delete key is working as it should, deleting text! ???

It will be interesting to see if it reappears.

8 hours ago, jhmdigital said:

Thanks for the thought Jane E.

The problem was not with the frame but the actual text which could not be deleted with the delete key which acted as a space bar.

I'm using an iMac with cordless full keyboard.

The weird thing is that this happened every day since I downloaded the beta but this morning I tested it again and now the delete key is working as it should, deleting text! ???

It will be interesting to see if it reappears.

I also have this problem on my iMac. The backspace key adds a space to text instead of deleting. And the delete key deletes the whole text frame

• 10 months later...

I'm having this exact problem. I've owned publisher now since just after release, and it's been absolutely fine. All of a sudden today this begins happening, the only remedy is to quit and relaunch the app. But that only lasts maybe 10-15 minutes max.

I'm on mac os.

• 5 weeks later...

Is there a resolution to this problem? I have the full version (most up to date version 1.7.2) and this is obviously a bug that has not been fixed.

The delete key is adding a space instead of a backspace (delete action). Happens in both the artistic text tool and frame text tool. I can not repeat the bug unfortunately. It just randomly occurred in my document. I was copy tables into my document. Maybe that triggered the issue.

Since no modirators have responded to this post I am going to open a new bug post found here with a video -

Thanks

• 3 years later...
  • Staff

The issue "Keyboard input broken after altering table settings" (REF: AFB-7583) has been fixed by the developers in internal build "2.1.0.1742".
This fix should soon be available as a customer beta and is planned for inclusion in the next customer release.
Customer beta builds are announced here and you can participate by following these instructions.
If you still experience this problem once you are using that build version (or later) please reply to this thread including @Serif Info Bot to notify us.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.