You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Publisher Beta setup failed

I eagerly downloaded Publisher Beta only to have the install fail immediately. I'm running Windows 10 and meet all the system requirements. I have also tried right clicking and running as administrator. 

I run the exe, click install, click yes to allow it make changes, then it instantly says "setup failed".

Any ideas?

-Stephen

Here as well. I cleaned up the registry, used the MS installation fix tool, (which couldn't fix anything),... It did notice an old Photo Trial installation, which I removed. I then rebooted the machine.

Just downloaded the update for ClipStudio 1.8, and that one installs without any issues. Another application installed without a hitch too.

Affinity Photo 1.6.4.104 is installed, and any attempts to install the latest 1.6.5 version fails as well without any warning. With Process Explorer I notice the process starts, then quits after a couple of seconds.

Finally, I uninstalled Affinity Photo. Affinity Photo installer will not install the latest version either.

So, I checked the MS installation tool again, and all Affinity products are removed (not listed). I removed all traces of Affinity from the Windows boot drive. I again deleted all traces of registry entries related to Affinity products. I closed all non-essential services and apps.

Attempted to install Affinity Photo once again, with and without Admin. No go. Attempted to install Affinity Publisher trial. No go.

I am now left without Photo, and both apps refuse to install.

Surely I cannot be the only one faced with this issue.

Bones, how can I check the installation log? I really don't want to have to uninstall fonts.

Zombie, I didn't see a "Windows installer" in the Task Manager, just the Affinity installer. Ending that one just closes the Publisher installation.

-Stephen

Hi StephenALC

there is an issue with some fonts and our current installer. The main culprit we have found is avenir next. You can remove this font or you can turn off .NET 3.5 in the Windows features sections and it should allow you to install the app. We should hopefully have it sorted in our installer within a couple of builds

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

• Staff
1 hour ago, StephenALC said:

Chris, thanks for the update. FYI, I don't have Avenir Next on my computer. If I turn of .NET 3.5 for the install, can I turn it back on afterward?

You can if you want but .Net is backwards compatible so 4.6 will be enough for your software that needs .net

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.