You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Text flow reposting itself

First off I have to say YAY! I've been waiting for APub for a LONG time. And while buggy, I'm loving it so far. 

However, I did find a bug - which you might already know about. I set up a beta file to test out chapters for a book file I will create once the final form of APub is out. 

This has to do with flowing text from one textbox to another, which works but...

I click the eye which works perfectly in not showing the text outside of the text box. However, when I click the triangle, that's when weird things start to happen. When I click on the text box on the next page it continued to flow. HOWEVER, on the next page, IF I set up a text box, it waits for me to click the triangle and click it before it flows. BUT if I don't create the next text box - the program seems to create them anyway, placing the beginning of the text again. So suddenly I have 10 pages of the exact same text. Even when I went through, created text boxes on each page and used the triangle to flow the text, as soon as the text I had pasted into the original box reached its end, on the next line the entire pasted text started again. As if the pasted text is on one eternal loop.

Attached screen shot - and yes, the text was blurred as it is a copyrighted document that isn't released yet. 

TextFlow_Prof2.jpg

Hi Thia

Looking at your screenshot I think this may have something to do with you using a text box on the master page to try place text content on a regular page as the text flow on your master page looks the same as the other pages. Any text in the master page object is going to apply to every page that master page is associated with. 

This is only a guess from your screenshot but seems most likely. Feel free to attach a file that shows your structure (I don't need the text itself so that can be deleted before posting the file) if this does not look like the case

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

Chris, THANK YOU! That was exactly the problem. (as a former coder, I agree with 9/10 times it's user error ;) ) I deleted the text from the master page (not sure how it got there LOL) and now everything looks good. I'm fully enjoying Publisher as a book formatting platform. Two Thumbs Up!

I set up a master page with text boxes then set up a multi page document and applied the master. In the normal document I connected the text boxes and pasted in the text. It flowed through the boxes and back to the first page. I had not created a link to the first page from the last page but there it was. I was unable to unlink the first and last text boxes. When I went back to the Master page, the text had been added to it.

Do I have to start over with a new document and leave text boxes out of the Master?

Is there a way to lock the Master page so it does not respond to edits in the normal pages?

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.