You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Keyboard Shortcuts issues

When I first launched the beta, several of the Document menu items indicated they were set to use a default keyboard shortcut including the up or down cursor arrow keys, but nothing happened when I typed them. Checking the Keyboard Shortcuts preferences I noticed there was a question mark in place of the arrow key symbol, which I assume is why they were not working. Reentering the default manually fixed this.

Also, a very minor issue is when I set the Previous & Next Page shortcuts to use the Page Up & Page Down keys on my keyboard, that worked fine but in the Document window the shortcut is shown with plain up or down arrow symbols instead of the special ones like in the screenshot below.

1898713857_keyboardshortcutserror.jpg.8a6c5d9eb117951f07f6f0ce94d20f75.jpg

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

30 minutes ago, Chris_K said:

it's not the down arrow key to add a new page, its the arrow with  two lines through it (which i think is page up/down). But it's odd that it shows the correct glyph if manually typed  so I shall get this reported

This also affects how the shortcuts are displayed on the Document menu. This is what I see there, compared to my current preferences:

menu.jpg.b6972d21487465957c7c9b4ee95d2c77.jpg  prefs.jpg.9fb7732f359d2cd01329fa40cf1c8450.jpg

First Page is set to the Home key, Last Page to the End key, & Previous & Next are set to the Page Down & Page Up keys respectively. This is with a wired full-sized Apple Aluminum Keyboard that has the cluster of those 4 keys between the main keyboard section & the number keypad. All the shortcuts work fine. It is just the cosmetics that are wonky.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

1 hour ago, R C-R said:

menu.jpg.b6972d21487465957c7c9b4ee95d2c77.jpg  

I too set my shortcuts for first/last page manually with the mac aluminium extended keyboard. arrow upper-left-corner and lower-right-corner.

Like your screenshot, firstpage never shows an icon in the menu, but it works.

In settings, I also get the question marks.

I'm on Sierra 10.12.6 and using a german keyboard-layout.

Bildschirmfoto 2018-09-03 um 14.17.56.png

• Main machine: iMac 2019 (21,5-inch 4k, 6core), 64GB RAM, 1TB nvme + 2TB ssd, running on Mac OS 13;
  • Display setup: 28" 5k Display (primary) + 21,5" iMac4k-Display for studio panels (secondary);
  • Keyboard layout: german apple extended keyboard (aluminium);

Next, I manually added shortcuts for column break, frame break and page break, but they all don't work...

First I used the Indesign-standard ones with the ENTER key of the numeric keyboard. It shows correctly in settings (no question mark hoorray!) but does nothing (or inserts a space).

Then I changed it to the RETURN key: shift+return, alt+return, ctrl-return and this also does not work... 

• Main machine: iMac 2019 (21,5-inch 4k, 6core), 64GB RAM, 1TB nvme + 2TB ssd, running on Mac OS 13;
  • Display setup: 28" 5k Display (primary) + 21,5" iMac4k-Display for studio panels (secondary);
  • Keyboard layout: german apple extended keyboard (aluminium);

• 1 year later...
On 9/3/2018 at 8:30 PM, woefi said:

Next, I manually added shortcuts for column break, frame break and page break, but they all don't work...

First I used the Indesign-standard ones with the ENTER key of the numeric keyboard. It shows correctly in settings (no question mark hoorray!) but does nothing (or inserts a space).

Then I changed it to the RETURN key: shift+return, alt+return, ctrl-return and this also does not work... 

v1.7.3, Feb 2020 and I'm still having this exact issue on my Mac. Any ideas / updates / workarounds?

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.