You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Text Alignment Options

In the Paragraph Styles panel under Paragraph/Spacing you can set the Alignment to the following:

• Left
  • Center
  • Right
  • Justify Last Line Left
  • Justify Last Line Center
  • Justify Last Line Right
  • Justify All

It would be nice to see the following:

• Away from Spine
  • Toward Spine

It is needed (for me) in instances where i am working with headers/footers primarily, and for other layouts when putting together books for art exhibitions etc.

I think headers and footer could also be managed with master pages. You can have a single master page which two pages wide, or you can have a left master page and a right master page. Either way, you can make the left header be different to the right header.

i can, and i am for my beta testing purposes, however, it requires a second paragraph style, and though it isn't a huge thing, its one of those small efficiency things. with toward/away from spine styles you can save yourself from having to manage the extra paragraph styles in your file if you are using it for more than header/footer work.

Thank you for taking the time to respond :)

I've just posted a similar request a few minutes ago without noticing this.
Towards Spine and Away from Spine is extremely useful in Styles. Imagine you want a Heading that is always away from Spine on each facing page.

This is useful in annuals like Calendars, etc. I use it quite often in Church documents as well.

It's very useful in master pages also.
You only need to create a style for that  - Folio for example (I create style for everything) and by dragging the text box to any master page it automatically switches to appropriate alignment.

One could define a style for left hand side heading and right hand side heading but that's a workaround and it involved 2 formatting styles instead of just one. The software should deal with that situation automatically.

A big strong +1 for this feature.

2017 27” iMac 4.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 • Radeon Pr 580 8GB • 64GB • Ventura 13.6.4.

iPad Pro (10.5-inch) • 256GB • Version 16.4

• 4 months later...