You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

interface language locked to English

After the first start of the Designer Beta on a German computer the interface of the program was in German. Then I changed the preferences for auto correction, abbreviations, filler text and title exceptions from English to German. Because I changed the display setting to Metal I had to restart the program. After that everything was in English. The language setting in the "General" preferences tab is now locked to English and cannot be changed anymore.

I really doubted my mind for a moment. Now the whole thing is in English suddenly. If I hadn’t had screen screenshots with german texts, I would’ve thought I’ve gone mad. 
So well, there was some German mixed into it, but now everything is English again. Maybe I got some strings from the German versions of Designer and Photo … I don’t know. 

• 9 months later...

Same for me, but in my case this version shows in Russian! :-) If it were Dutch, English, French, German.... but this is a hard language to find something like 'settings'. Anyone anyidea?

Edited by Wim Roskam

Oh.... wait... I found it. Here's a screenshot of what I did (where it says 'english', after going to the 'settings' or 'preferences' page, which is located in one of the first menu-items. If you have Affinity Designer or Photo, it helps to compare to find it. Press Закрыть (lower right corner) to confirm.

830260388_Schermafbeelding2019-06-20om11_24_08.thumb.png.24d1658cb3462e8fa72e8382c045478d.png

• Staff

@Wim Roskam

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums :) 

Well done for resolving this in Russian UI! The software asks the operating system so there must be something odd about that reply that Publisher has misinterpreted. What is your computer locale set to please?

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.