You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Olympus Tough TG5 Raw Files

It is my understanding that Affinitiy Photo can now process Raw Files for the Olympus... I found this link on one of the  Support pages on your site: 

Submitted by lexa on 29 June, 2018 - 16:25 

Changes (from 0.18)

• 84 cameras added compared to 0.18 (1014 total):

Olympus 
    E-PL9, E-M10 Mark III, TG-5

However when I open my Raw Files in Affinity Photo they still look horrible, dull, washed out and lacking rich colors compared to the same JPG File.  If I open the same files in other programs like DXO PhotoLab The Raw files look Excellent as do the JPG's.    

What is the issue with Affinity Photo and RAW files from the Olympus TG5? I  have attached both files for you to see and compare.  Please Note and I understand that the RAW file is captured in the full Sensor Size so the JPG is slighly cropped. These are the same images though, I set the camera to capture both Raw and JPG simultaneously. 

So does Affinity Photo support RAW files for this camera?  

Any help on this is greatly appreciated as I really do love Affinity Photo. I will never use PS again. 

P6040017 copy.JPG

P6040017 copy.ORF

Edited by fon
I left something out and corrected a typo.

• Staff

Hi fon,

Those models of camera aren't on our supported RAW list, can you provide the link to the page where you found that information. Even though the file can be opened the raw data isn't being read correctly, hence the way it opens. a few adjustments in the Develop studio and you should get it looking like the JPEG. 

1 hour ago, Lee D said:

Hi fon,

Those models of camera aren't on our supported RAW list, can you provide the link to the page where you found that information. Even though the file can be opened the raw data isn't being read correctly, hence the way it opens. a few adjustments in the Develop studio and you should get it looking like the JPEG. 

Lee, The link was from this page...  at the bottom of the post.  I've attached a screen shot of the posts. . When you open the link and look at the list of cameras the TG5 is on the list. I don't know what LibRaw and LensFun libraries are but your Moderator refers to them. Please clarify. Thanks

Untitled.jpeg