You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Text: Negative first line indent

While it is possible in a quirky sort of way to add a first line negative indent, once done the negative amount in not shown in the Spacing section any longer when a positive indent is present. I.e., only the positive indent is displayed and the negative first line indent displays as zero.

Mike

10 hours ago, Chris B said:

Hi Mike,

Sorry, I'm not sure I follow you. Do you mean a hanging indent? How are you achieving the negative indent? Can you attach your document or provide a screenshot, please?

Hi Chris--sorry I missed this when I popped in this morning.

What qwz mentions is what needs to be done to hang a first line.

Generally...in every application I am use to...one would enter an amount for a left indent. Then provide a negative number for the hang. In APub, one just enters zero or above to be less than the left indent. But this change in typical behavior has tripped me up a few times.

I understand how it is working. Just hard to not enter a negative value to hang that first line!

• 5 months later...

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.