Jump to content
Zack Fea

Photo and Designer not found

Recommended Posts

On 10/23/2018 at 11:44 PM, walt.farrell said:

My guess: the 1.7 beta versions of Photo and Designer will need to stay up-to-date with functional changes being made to Publisher, and they don't want to move them out of beta and into release status and risk breakage as Publisher evolves.

Probably, they all need to keep up with eachother.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Buttons top left to start Photo and Designer are disabled and you get a popup message that they will be enabled with the release, but when you klick on File --> Edit in Designer or File --> Edit in Photo, Designer or Photo starts and the Document will be opened in it.


Win 10 Home Edition    AP 1.6.5.123    AD 1.6.5.123    APUB 1.7.0.238     ...and the current Beta´s

Have a nice day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/6/2019 at 11:17 PM, cjipper said:

 

@Paul Martin PP2 here.  I missed PP1 by a couple months.  I remember talking to Dale (and eventually Patrick) back in the dark ages...

Good to know I'm not the onliest one. 

TTFN

Hey Chip, Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums :) 

Glad to have you here, I'll tell @Dale (now in Aus) you've remembered him next time I am in contact.


Patrick Connor

Serif (Europe) Ltd.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Patrick Connor said:

Hey Chip, Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums :) 

Glad to have you here, I'll tell @Dale (now in Aus) you've remembered him next time I am in contact.

Hi Patrick!  Great to "hear" from you!  Austria?  :-p j/k

I would appreciate it.

/cheers!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/19/2019 at 7:47 AM, Uwe367 said:

The Buttons top left to start Photo and Designer are disabled and you get a popup message that they will be enabled with the release, but when you klick on File --> Edit in Designer or File --> Edit in Photo, Designer or Photo starts and the Document will be opened in it.

Today I’ve tried this, going from a document in Affinity Publisher (had a picture selected) and pointed at ’open in Photo’ in the filemenu...

The whole document from Publisher was opened in Affinity Photo, not the single pictures, and, the document in Publisher was gone after that?

Is this function still not presented (have latest beta of all three Affinity Publisher/Photo/Designer)?

How do you resend the document from Photo to Publisher after editing?

Someone out there sitting on an answer?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So far as i know this works not correctly at this time. It was just a try from me and i posted this because i thought that someone will try this too. I think this works right if publisher will come as final release.


Win 10 Home Edition    AP 1.6.5.123    AD 1.6.5.123    APUB 1.7.0.238     ...and the current Beta´s

Have a nice day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, ErrkaPetti said:

Today I’ve tried this, going from a document in Affinity Publisher (had a picture selected) and pointed at ’open in Photo’ in the filemenu...

The whole document from Publisher was opened in Affinity Photo, not the single pictures, and, the document in Publisher was gone after that?

Is this function still not presented (have latest beta of all three Affinity Publisher/Photo/Designer)?

How do you resend the document from Photo to Publisher after editing?

Someone out there sitting on an answer?

File > Edit in Photo and File > Edit in Designer within Publisher work just as they do in Photo and Designer. The complete document is sent to the requested application, and closed in the application you started from.

What doesn't work the same is getting back. In Photo (or Designer), having sent the document to Designer (or Photo), you get back by again choosing File > Edit in (the other application). However, neither Photo nor Designer offer File > Edit in Publisher. To get back, you have to use File > Save to save the .afpub file from Photo or Designer, then File > Open or  File > Open Recent... in Publiser.

The Photo and Designer Persona buttons in Publisher are not active yet. When they are made active (for those users who also have the Photo or Designer applications, respectively) we can expect that they will work something like the Persona buttons in Photo and Designer. You click on the new Persona, and you switch to it with its set of tools and other functions available. When you're done, you simply click on the Publisher Persona again.

But we don't have any details on exactly how this will work, nor do we know when the Personas will be activated. The last statement I saw from Serif in these forums was that the Persona buttons in Publisher would be made available after Photo 1.7 and Designer 1.7 finished beta and were released as products.


-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1903 (18362.145), 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.7.0.367 and 1.7.1.390 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.0.367 and 1.7.1.390 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.0.384 Beta

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, walt.farrell said:

File > Edit in Photo and File > Edit in Designer within Publisher work just as they do in Photo and Designer. The complete document is sent to the requested application, and closed in the application you started from.

What doesn't work the same is getting back. In Photo (or Designer), having sent the document to Designer (or Photo), you get back by again choosing File > Edit in (the other application). However, neither Photo nor Designer offer File > Edit in Publisher. To get back, you have to use File > Save to save the .afpub file from Photo or Designer, then File > Open or  File > Open Recent... in Publiser.

The Photo and Designer Persona buttons in Publisher are not active yet. When they are made active (for those users who also have the Photo or Designer applications, respectively) we can expect that they will work something like the Persona buttons in Photo and Designer. You click on the new Persona, and you switch to it with its set of tools and other functions available. When you're done, you simply click on the Publisher Persona again.

But we don't have any details on exactly how this will work, nor do we know when the Personas will be activated. The last statement I saw from Serif in these forums was that the Persona buttons in Publisher would be made available after Photo 1.7 and Designer 1.7 finished beta and were released as products.

Ok... Thanks for an quick answer!

And yes, I’ve got Affinity Photo and Designer to all my devices (iPad, Mac and Windows... Well spended money!)...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

in my file menu the point "Edit in Designer or Photo" are grey and nothing happens.

Im using the windows Vers.1.7.0.312

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, UweJ said:

in my file menu the point "Edit in Designer or Photo" are grey and nothing happens.

Im using the windows Vers.1.7.0.312

Just to confirm: you have the 1.7 betas of Photo and Designer installed, and you have run each of them at least once?


-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1903 (18362.145), 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.7.0.367 and 1.7.1.390 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.0.367 and 1.7.1.390 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.0.384 Beta

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

im using the APhoto and ADesigner Vers. 1.6.5.123

Not the Beta vers.

OK that is my mistake

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm on Publisher Beta 1.7.0.376, with release versions 1.7.0.367 of Photo and Designer installed (and already launched a couple of times). Unfortunately, when clicking on either persona button I still receive error messages stating that "this feature will be available in a later version of the Publisher Beta". Are there any settings I am missing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's nice to hear, but somehow this whole idea of enabling a potentially troublesome feature without beta seems a bit 'out there', doesn't it?

Greybeard advice would seem to be that if you have to wait that long, wait longer -- and run a beta on this after all.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, narrationsd said:

this whole idea of enabling a potentially troublesome feature without beta seems a bit 'out there', doesn't it?

The other personas feature has had some attention just not in a public arena.  There is a higher chance something was missed, but it is not as "potentially troublesome" as you might think.


Patrick Connor

Serif (Europe) Ltd.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×