Zack Fea

Photo and Designer not found

@Zack Fea

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums.

The "compatible" version needs to be 1.7 or above as explained in a similar thread here

[Edit] When we start the 1.7 Mac and Windows betas these buttons should enable. In the purchased version of Affinity Publisher they will only enable with a purchased version of Affinity Publisher and Affinity Designer of 1.7 or above [/Edit]

Patrick Connor

Serif (Europe) Ltd.

On 8/30/2018 at 6:08 PM, Zack Fea said:

where can i download the 1.7 Version for windows?

As Merde says, there are no 1.7 designer or photo builds available yet,

When we start the 1.7 Mac and Windows betas these buttons should enable. In the purchased version of Affinity Publisher these buttons will only enable (independently) with a purchased version of Affinity Photo and/or Affinity Designer of 1.7 or above

Patrick Connor

Serif (Europe) Ltd.

3 minutes ago, ballardstudio said:

The tutorial video mentions that these buttons will be available at full launch, not in the beta.

The tutorial video is definitive and true (if you own those products) The buttons will be available at launch. 

I am saying it is my understanding that this behaviour will be testable using customer betas before then,  which is also true as far as I know.

Patrick Connor

Serif (Europe) Ltd.

2 hours ago, Patrick Connor said:

As Merde says, there are no 1.7 designer or photo builds available yet,

When we start the 1.7 Mac and Windows betas these buttons should enable. In the purchased version of Affinity Publisher they will only enable with a purchased version of Affinity Publisher and Affinity Designer of 1.7 or above

What is the reason to force the users for total upgrade once they expected APublisher as an amendment to remaining AD and APh?

cheers,

AF Photo+Designer+Publisher and their betas on Win10 x64+AmdFX+24GB RAM

This is all beta. Once the software is updated across the board, the features will be fully launched. Today is the first day of release, I'm sure there will be another beta package after the general public goes though a testing phase.

Hi Zac If you check the tutorials you are told by the presenter that the Designer  and Photo buttons at the top left are not active and won't be for some time. The package is BETA and it is in the its early stages of development. Hope this answers your frustration of not being able to link.

Ah, Sam, a mere slip of a lad...

I don't think I have yet found any feature that works similarly in both programmes. I guessed there had to be a way to edit the contents of a text box, but I have yet to find it. "Ctrl+e", anyone?

And I've no idea how you insert content from all those visuals you've accumulated over the decades - logos, cartoons etc

2 minutes ago, Paul Martin said:

Ah, Sam, a mere slip of a lad...

LOL. :D

I don't think I have yet found any feature that works similarly in both programmes. I guessed there had to be a way to edit the contents of a text box, but I have yet to find it. "Ctrl+e", anyone?

APub doesn't seem to have an equivalent to PP's WritePlus. It looks as though we're expected to be able to do everything in 'wysiwyg' mode.

And I've no idea how you insert content from all those visuals you've accumulated over the decades - logos, cartoons etc

Export to SVG for vectors, or PNG/JPEG for raster images, is probably the easiest way for small numbers of items. If you have entire pages full of content that you want to transfer, publishing as PDF is likely to be the least tedious route.

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer 1.6.5.123 • Affinity Photo 1.6.5.123 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.6.12.86 • Affinity Designer for iPad 1.6.4.45 • iOS 12.2 (iPad Air 2)

In the purchased version of Affinity Publisher they will only enable with a purchased version of Affinity Publisher and Affinity Designer of 1.7 or above

Patrick,

Since you posted this twice, I thought I would ask: You mean to say this, correct?:

In the purchased version of Affinity Publisher they will only enable with a purchased version of Affinity Photo and Affinity Designer of 1.7 or above

JET

On 9/3/2018 at 3:17 PM, JET_Affinity said:

In the purchased version of Affinity Publisher they will only enable with a purchased version of Affinity Photo and Affinity Designer of 1.7 or above

The 1.7 updates will be free updates, but you will have to have a purchased version of either product, fully updated, for the integration to work.

On 8/30/2018 at 4:36 PM, Paul Martin said:

Anybody else here an original PagePlus 1.0 customer? Gosh, this makes me feel old  - but keen!

Version 3.0, I still have the six install floppies plus the Font Pack Floppy. They are packed away but I still have them... and I still have the original computer that ran the software. Packard Bell Legend 2 CD 486, 4 MB of ram and a 420 MB hard drive. I remember the days when 2 MB of ram cost $99!! HA!!

Oh, the old days.

On 8/30/2018 at 4:36 PM, Paul Martin said:

Anybody else here an original PagePlus 1.0 customer? Gosh, this makes me feel old  - but keen!

Yep. Old guy here too. PP is our main software that we have used here since day 1.  I couldn't live without it.  When I heard they were getting rid of it I was so disappointed and sad and mad and confused...until I heard of the RESURRECTION. Thank you Lord for not abandoning us.

My initial information above was incorrect, sorry. We have decided not to enable the additional personas in the Affinity Publisher free beta with the customer beta builds of the other desktop applications (ADe & APh), so my earlier post is now misleading. However the (free update) 1.7 release builds of Affinity Designer and Affinity Photo will enable the equivalent Affinity Publisher personas.

Patrick Connor

Serif (Europe) Ltd.

8 minutes ago, Patrick Connor said:

the (free update) 1.7 release builds of Affinity Designer and Affinity Photo will enable the equivalent Affinity Publisher personas

Are the 1.7 release builds going to be available before the release build of APub? ears.gif

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer 1.6.5.123 • Affinity Photo 1.6.5.123 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.6.12.86 • Affinity Designer for iPad 1.6.4.45 • iOS 12.2 (iPad Air 2)

12 minutes ago, αℓƒяє∂ said:

Are the 1.7 release builds going to be available before the release build of APub? ears.gif

(How did I know you would ask that (and took 10 minutes longer than I expected))

Not my choice, but logic would suggest that or simultaneous [or change this decision]

Patrick Connor

Serif (Europe) Ltd.

2 hours ago, Patrick Connor said:

(How did I know you would ask that (and took 10 minutes longer than I expected))

LOL, Patrick. (I’m afraid I can’t account for the 10-minute discrepancy!)

Not my choice, but logic would suggest that or simultaneous [or change this decision]

I followed the same logic. It sounds as though you’re saying AD and APh won’t necessarily be updated to 1.7 before APub comes out, which I find rather surprising: I was under the impression that the 1.7 updates were close to completion but the APub release was still quite far away, but your answer suggests that that is not the case.

Alfred online2long.gif

12 minutes ago, αℓƒяє∂ said:

It sounds as though you’re saying AD and APh won’t necessarily be updated to 1.7 before APub comes out, which I find rather surprising: I was under the impression that the 1.7 updates were close to completion but the APub release was still quite far away, but your answer suggests that that is not the case.

My guess: the 1.7 beta versions of Photo and Designer will need to stay up-to-date with functional changes being made to Publisher, and they don't want to move them out of beta and into release status and risk breakage as Publisher evolves.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1809, 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.6.5.123 and 1.7.0.333 Beta       / Affinity Designer 1.6..5.123 and 1.7.0.333 Beta    / Affinity Publisher 1.7.0.337 Beta