You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

New image has entirely too many handles

Me after inserting an image: "Huh, I wonder why they chose a thick solid blue as the border when you're editing the wrap outline."

2108947270_ScreenShot2018-08-30at12_25_07PM.png.0bae52ae6ee244f34c8e52a54766c5fd.png

Me after zooming in: "Oh. Oh no."

202532369_ScreenShot2018-08-30at12_25_54PM.thumb.png.7f255670270853502009afeb87aa5536.png

Interestingly, this does not happen to me with every image, but it does happen reliably with specific image files. I've attached not only screen shots of what this looks like in situ, but also the original file that gave me trouble. Maybe there's something weird about it?

Thanks!

heat_index.png

3 hours ago, Dave Harris said:

I'm guessing it is a curve the image uses for clipping, which the originating app has exported as short line segments. If you find the object in the Layers panel, you may be able to delete the clip there.

I can find the image in the layers panel, but right-clicking on it or using the cog icon doesn't give me anything about clipping, and there don't seem to be any relevant menu items with "clip" in them.

21 hours ago, Colin_Fredericks said:

I can find the image in the layers panel, but right-clicking on it or using the cog icon doesn't give me anything about clipping, and there don't seem to be any relevant menu items with "clip" in them.

Generally in Affinity curves clip objects that are nested inside them (that is, below and indented) in the Layers panel. It's such a ubiquitous thing that it doesn't get a menu item.

On 9/1/2018 at 11:02 AM, Dave Harris said:

Generally in Affinity curves clip objects that are nested inside them (that is, below and indented) in the Layers panel. It's such a ubiquitous thing that it doesn't get a menu item.

Hmm. Sorry, I still can't find what you're talking about. I expanded the image in the Layers panel, and I see a "Group" item that has an "Image" inside it, but nothing else. It doesn't matter which of those items I have selected when I click "Edit Wrap Outline", I still get a thousand handles.

image.png.71400ff61e109b9c8e67dd023295707c.png

Nothing with the words curve, clip, or object.

7 minutes ago, Colin_Fredericks said:

I see a "Group" item that has an "Image" inside it, but nothing else.

What happens if you ungroup the group? ears.gif

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

@Dave Harris I downloaded the image from the original post, and had the exact same result, thousands of nodes in the wrap frame.

Also, the wrap frame did not show up as a layer in the layers panel. 

Win10 Home x64   |   AMD Ryzen 7 2700X @ 3.7GHz   |   48 GB RAM   |   1TB SSD   |   nVidia GTX 1660   |   Wacom Intuos Pro

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.