Sign in to follow this  
philkon

Import Word, TXT & RTF files needed

Importing Word (.doc) files, TXT files and RTF files is an absolute requirement for me. Or, at least a conversion app. I have been using these formats for decades. Without them, I would not be able to use any of my old projects. That means I would have to start from scratch on everything. With literally a thousand web pages, multiple books, and other documents, I have lots to import if I am going to use something new.

Text and RTF files can be imported (slight bug to be fixed with UTF-8 text files that needs fixed).

Create your text frame. Text menu, Insert text from file... selection.

My computer is a nothing-special Toshiba laptop with unremarkable specs running Windows 10 64-bit.

I would like to take that suggestion a bit further and suggest that Affinity Publisher should also support the open format .odt (popularized by OpenOffice and LibreOffice) and the open-format version of .docx (created by Microsoft).

Also, it would be handy if we could simply use File > Open against the various text format files that can be inserted.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1809, 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.6.5.123 and 1.7.0.293 Beta       / Affinity Designer 1.6..5.123 and 1.7.0.293 Beta    / Affinity Publisher 1.7.0.293 Beta