You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Bug - Linked text frames

First - it's great to see Publisher in beta, and given it's a first beta, I think it's looking good.

That said, I watched the tutorials and tried linked text frames - which I couldn't get to work as shown in the tutorial video. Maybe I'm missing something, but I tried various options and no matter what I did, Publisher would only move the first frame.

• Staff

@ShaneB Perth

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums :)

The key is to get your cursor over the little triangle on the lower right side of the text frame.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• Staff

You need a second frame that is not yet linked to enable the choice of where to flow to, or just click the arrow and then draw out another text frame

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

I have the suspicion that your text frame was already linked. By clicking the little triangle of a linked frame, you will indeed move the text frame rather than create a new connection (see my video). Go to View > Show Text Flow to see if that was the case.

That would also explain why Patrick’s method was successful, for you can insert a text frame into a story pipeline by clicking the triangle and dragging out a new text frame.

Alex :)

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.