You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

This EPS image has crashed the app several times...

Working fine for me, though not really sure why it's an eps in the first place as it is a raster based file rather than a vector image...

Affinity Designer 2.4.1.2344 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1.2344 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1.2344
Affinity Designer 1.7.3 | Affinity Photo 1.7.3 | Affinity Publisher 1.10.8
MacBook Pro 16GB, macOS Monterey 12.6.8, Magic Mouse

13 minutes ago, Hangman said:

Working fine for me, though not really sure why it's an eps in the first place as it is a raster based file rather than a vector image...

Long before even such marvels as Syquest 45 megabyte optical disks (yes, I go back a ways), I did research and experimentation to find the most compact way to store image files. EPS was it (significantly smaller then TIFF). I stuck to that over the years. Now that storage space is not an issue, to convert would mean having to replace them all manually in existing documents, one by one.

Ha ha, I remember the Syquest 45 megabyte optical disks, had lots on the shelf...

Affinity Designer 2.4.1.2344 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1.2344 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1.2344
Affinity Designer 1.7.3 | Affinity Photo 1.7.3 | Affinity Publisher 1.10.8
MacBook Pro 16GB, macOS Monterey 12.6.8, Magic Mouse

3 hours ago, mac_heibu said:

Please, don‘t use EPS any more! It is a last century file format, and no longer supported even by Adobe, its inventor. Use pixel formats instead or, when you have vector data, use PDF.

Well, I am at a point where I am retiring dozens of published illustrated books and reverting rights to the authors. In the process, I am cleaning up the formatting to make them more uniform so the authors can publish their own POD version. So I am not about to convert and manually replace literally thousands of images. The design I don't mind doing as a favor, but that's not a good use of my time.

Meanwhile, I've never needed support from Adobe or anyone else for EPS. I delighted AP can read and display them.

3 hours ago, Pauls said:

Not been able to recreate the problem here - does it crash on a simple document or only in one of your projects?

To test AP, I started to recreate a project I'd just finished reformatting in ID. After this image, I placed a few more with no problem. It's not really an issue for me since I don't plan on using Ap at this point for production. I just wondered if someone with more familiarity might see something I was missing.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.