You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Higher DPI settings make dialogs unusable

Hello,

I was excited to read that Affinity Publisher beta became available. I immediately downloaded the beta to try it out and when I started the application my first issue immediately appears ;-)

My screen settings are 1920x1080 with a DPI setting of 175% otherwise the fonts are far too small for almost all applications. With these settings the New Document dialog is too big vertically so that the buttons are not visible! Please rearrange the dialog controls or add a scroll bar somehow. See the attached screenshot. Maybe this issue also applies to other dialogs?

Kind regards,

Marcel

sshot-003.png

Hi Marcello

Our system requirements actually only support a scaling value of 150% at your monitor resolution I'm afraid. This can be found in the Publisher help. This should is lacking form the requirements on our website so I shall get this communicated to the relevant people to get this part updated

Cheers

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

This may be of help and perhaps you won't need to go to 175%.

Although it mentions only Adobe programs, I use it successfully on others too (usually).

https://www.danantonielli.com/adobe-app-scaling-on-high-dpi-displays-fix/

Mac Pro (Mid 2010) 2.8 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon - 16GB RAM - ATI Radeon HD 5770 1024 MB - Asus ProArt  24" 1920 x 1200

iMac 2017 Quad-Core Intel 2.4GHz Cor i5 - 21.5'' Retina 4K - 8Gb RAM - 1TB Fusion drive - Radion Pro 560 4GB - Ventura 13.0.1

Dell Inspiron 15 7000 Series 7559 - i7 6700HQ - 16Mb RAM - 128Gb SSD 1Tb HD - Nvidia GEFORCE GTX 960M 4Gb GDDR5 RAM - 4K

Asus N56V i7 3630QM 2.40GHz; 8Mb RAM; 1Tb HD; 64 bit. Nvidia GT 650M 2Gb: 1920 x 1080 - 2nd Monitor: Asus ProArt  24": 1920 x 1200

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.