Sort of. It hides the guides and frame edges but it's all or nothing. There is a toggle to show and hide guides, so there should also be one to show and hide frame edges.

It is also no substitute for a real preview mode as it doesn't hide objects that are on the pasteboard.

You can hide text frame edges by deselecting View > Show Text Flow. In order to hide objects on the pasteboard, select View > View Mode > Clip to Canvas. :)

Okay, so Publisher needs an actual Preview mode that toggles all these things on and off with one command.

And can you explain to me what "Text Flow" has to do with frame edges? It seems oddly named.

Actually in order to get a true preview mode you have to 1) hide guides and 2) clip canvas. I think it makes more sense to have an all encompassing preview mode a la InDesign (that's one thing Adobe actually got right and probably something most designers have come to expect). I'm sure it's a simple coding fix ... make Clip Canvas the all around preview mode. 

Yep. Should be a single key available by default that hides every type of visual aid or guide that is not a part of the content. Tap key a second time to bring back the working view. I use this constantly and would be pretty frustating to have to replace it with multiple menu options and shortcuts. Please set up a global / catch-all setting for this.

I find it quite useful to have the dual option actually. I've changed my keyboard shortcut to "w" for the hide all guides, and to "/" for hiding the pasteboard. Sometimes it's nice to work on a clean page but useful to be able to see the information i have on the pasteboard that i still need to bring into the layout.