You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Spread Set-up

Tried to set the original document up as A4. The size changed in the boxes to the correct size 210 x 295mm but then the document came out at 328.1 x 464.1mm. 

Going back in to the Spread Set-Up and changing it by selecting A4 again did the same thing.

Going back in to the Spread Set-Up and changing it by selecting the size worked e.g. changed 328.1 to 210mm and 464.1 to 295mm worked.

Hi Mr.C

I;m not getting this if i select a4 as the page preset than it is giving me the right size both on document creation and spread setup. Is there anything else you may be adjusting or any particular steps you were taking? Did it only occur for that single document or is it something you are coming across often?

Thanks

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

Hi Chris, I think this must have been a one off. I tried to replicate what I did and it is now opening and staying as A4. 

Originally I was trying to find a way of taking InDesign files and importing them in to Publisher. I exported a 2 page A4 InDesign file to EPS and then opened that with Publisher. The result was an oversize page that I had trouble to get back to A4. Having just repeated the task it opened fine this time. 

This has led to another question..... I just noticed that all the standard text styles disappeared when I opened the EPS file. Is that what you would expect? From a user perspective it would be better if the standard styles were still there (see attached screenshots).

New A4 Document Screen Shot.PNG

Screen shot after EPS Import.PNG

4 hours ago, Mr.C said:

Hi Chris, I think this must have been a one off. I tried to replicate what I did and it is now opening and staying as A4. 

Originally I was trying to find a way of taking InDesign files and importing them in to Publisher. I exported a 2 page A4 InDesign file to EPS and then opened that with Publisher. The result was an oversize page that I had trouble to get back to A4. Having just repeated the task it opened fine this time. 

This has led to another question..... I just noticed that all the standard text styles disappeared when I opened the EPS file. Is that what you would expect? From a user perspective it would be better if the standard styles were still there (see attached screenshots).

Try to export pages to PDF and then open (not import) them into Publisher.

All the latest releases of Designer, Photo and Publisher (retail and beta) on MacOS and Windows.
15” Dell Inspiron 7559 i7 Windows 10 x64 Pro Intel Core i7-6700HQ (3.50 GHz, 6M) 16 GB Dual Channel DDR3L 1600 MHz (8GBx2) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M 4 GB GDDR5 500 GB SSD + 1 TB HDD UHD (3840 x 2160) Truelife LED - Backlit Touch Display
32” LG 32UN650-W display 3840 x 2160 UHD, IPS, HDR10 Color Gamut: DCI-P3 95%, Color Calibrated 2 x HDMI, 1 x DisplayPort
13.3” MacBook Pro (2017) Ventura 13.6 Intel Core i7 (3.50 GHz Dual Core) 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3 Intel Iris Plus Graphics 650 1536 MB 500 GB SSD Retina Display (3360 x 2100)

Thanks Petar,

Unfortunately the  Paragraph styles still disappear.

The plus side of a PDF import are - the text comes in as a block and is more easily edited

The down side of a PDF import are - the graphics quality is poor where its embedded.

Overall we could not swap from InDesign to Publisher based on either the EPS or PDF routes. If you were starting from scratch then it would not be an issue but with 100's of assets already in InDesign there needs to be a simple method to import the files without losing the integrity of the file (Master Pages > Graphic Links > TOC's, Quality etc. Perhaps there is not a plan for this kind of cut over (import) to be facilitated. If I was Adobe I would be very concerned if files could be imported or opened easily as Publisher would corner the market overnight.

15 minutes ago, Mr.C said:

Thanks Petar,

The plus side of a PDF import are - the text comes in as a block and is more easily edited

The down side of a PDF import are - the graphics quality is poor where its embedded.

Overall we could not swap from InDesign to Publisher based on either the EPS or PDF routes. If you were starting from scratch then it would not be an issue but with 100's of assets already in InDesign there needs to be a simple method to import the files without losing the integrity of the file (Master Pages > Graphic Links > TOC's, Quality etc. Perhaps there is not a plan for this kind of cut over (import) to be facilitated. If I was Adobe I would be very concerned if files could be imported or opened easily as Publisher would corner the market overnight.

It depends on:

• the DPI settings for the picture you used when saving it on disk,
  • the DPI setting you applied to the picture when exporting in PDF or other format.

All the latest releases of Designer, Photo and Publisher (retail and beta) on MacOS and Windows.
15” Dell Inspiron 7559 i7 Windows 10 x64 Pro Intel Core i7-6700HQ (3.50 GHz, 6M) 16 GB Dual Channel DDR3L 1600 MHz (8GBx2) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M 4 GB GDDR5 500 GB SSD + 1 TB HDD UHD (3840 x 2160) Truelife LED - Backlit Touch Display
32” LG 32UN650-W display 3840 x 2160 UHD, IPS, HDR10 Color Gamut: DCI-P3 95%, Color Calibrated 2 x HDMI, 1 x DisplayPort
13.3” MacBook Pro (2017) Ventura 13.6 Intel Core i7 (3.50 GHz Dual Core) 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3 Intel Iris Plus Graphics 650 1536 MB 500 GB SSD Retina Display (3360 x 2100)

22 minutes ago, Mr.C said:

Thanks Petar,

In that case you should wait for IDML import feature, which will not be so soon as I know.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.