You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I have been waiting for this software for a while and very glad to see it released.

I have been looking for any sort of documentation. That describes the overall publishing process and the software in general. The only information seems to be trapped in a video format, which for me is not a convenient format.

Am I missing something?

3 hours ago, Chris_K said:

Interesting, that should not be the case. But yes it could be due to the beta OS so it would be good to know if this is what is causing this.

I am not using a beta OS version, just the current High Sierra version, but I did see it labeled as "Affinity Designer Help" in the menubar on the first launch of the beta. But since then, it has been labeled correctly as "Affinity Publisher Beta Help" on all subsequent launches of the app (so far). It still opens a blank window, but as someone else mentioned, using the search field does (eventually) show one or more Affinity Publisher badged hits.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

there appear to be a few broken links, but if you go here in the Publisher Application (show package contents)  its there

file:///Applications/Affinity%20Publisher%20Beta.app/Contents/Resources/AffinityPublisher.help/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/index.html

the first "index.html" is the broken pointer i think...

1 hour ago, sfoster71 said:

there appear to be a few broken links, but if you go here in the Publisher Application (show package contents)  its there

file:///Applications/Affinity%20Publisher%20Beta.app/Contents/Resources/AffinityPublisher.help/Contents/Resources/English.lproj/index.html

Nice find! I just added a bookmark set to that local file on the Safari Favorites Bar so I can open the index in Safari. The links & ToC on the left seem to work fine, although as it is the index page says it is version 1.6.0, the search field says it is a Google custom search, & the search doesn't work very well.

Still, it is quite usable & much faster than waiting for the MacOS help system to open the help window.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.