You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Shortcuts, font search in styles, page up/down

So happy to be testing this! Three things I've noticed so far in beta 1:

• There seems to be no shortcut for Place (CMND+D or otherwise)
  • There's no way to type and search for a font in the paragraph/character style menu
  • Page up/down is not working for me to go from page to page.

2 hours ago, coolieranx said:

There seems to be no shortcut for Place (CMND+D or otherwise)

CMD+D is already the default for deselect but you can add a custom keyboard shortcut for "Place: if you want, in the same way as in the other Affinity apps. I texted with CMD+OPT+D & it works fine.

There's no way to type and search for a font in the paragraph/character style menu

I am not sure which menu you mean, but in the Context toolbar with Font choices visible or in the Character Studio panel you can just select the font name in the field & start typing to filter the result to Fonts with the text run you type in their name. This also is the same as in the other Affinity apps.

Page up/down is not working for me to go from page to page.

Do you mean the Page Up & Page Down keys on some keyboards or something else? Curiously, the keyboard shortcuts for Document menu > Next Page & Previous Page menu items default to CMD + Down Arrow key & CMD + Up Arrow key respectively, but for me they do not work, even though selecting the item from the menu does. But if I set them to use custom keyboard shortcuts for the Page Up & Page Down keys, they do work.

Go figure. :S

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

On 8/30/2018 at 5:05 PM, coolieranx said:

Page up/down is not working for me to go from page to page

On 8/30/2018 at 7:59 PM, R C-R said:

CMD + Down Arrow key & CMD + Up Arrow key respectively, but for me they do not work, even though selecting the item from the menu does

Doesn't work for me either, except selecting it from the menu...

43 minutes ago, Jayden Brand said:

Doesn't work for me either, except selecting it from the menu...

If you mean the Page Up & Page Down keys on some keyboards, you have to set them up as custom keyboard shortcuts, replacing the default ⌘↑⌘↓ keyboard shortcuts in Preferences > Keyboard Shortcuts > Layout > Document for Previous Page & Next Page respectively.

If you mean you want to use those defaults & they are not working, what I discovered when checking how they were configured in Preferences > Keyboard Shortcuts is that what should have been the  &  key symbols were displayed using the  symbol instead, indicating (I think) that those keys were unrecognized. To fix that, manually entering ⌘↑⌘↓ key sequences from the keyboard worked for me. IOW, as installed, the default settings were not recognizing the cursor keys as valid keyboard shortcut keys, so they had to be 'taught' what those keys were.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.