You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Print option output blank pages

Hello,

When I try to print a document, the output are blank pages.
(but the document can be exported as a pdf for instance, which can be printed then).

Otherwise, I'm **soooo** happy with Affinity Publisher :-) 

Best regards, 
Alexis

Hi,

Not really.

In fact, the whole preview box in the "Print" dialog box shows blank pages.
Please see the enclosed screen shot : I'm trying to print Affinity brochure (74 pages), and the preview box only shows blank pages.

I've tried with a 3-page document, the issue is the same.

Best regards, 
Alexis

Screen Shot 2018-08-30 at 17.12.32.png

I don't know about the printing problem, but this is absolutely lovely software in the making.  I have had a bit of a learning curve, but the tutorials are worth their weight in gold. The online HELP is also right there where I need it.   And for all of us book writers who have saved our books in PDF, fed up with InDesign and thoroughly discouraged about being able to edit them with anything else, there is WONDERFUL news.  I just imported a PDF of one of my books, and it turned up as beautifully as could be, recognizing every type face and every photograph, plus the format for every illustration and text wrap, and it is EDITABLE!!!!!!!!  I had an unexplained crash while trying to do something entirely different, but that is entirely to be expected.

So thrilled that this has arrived!!   

24" iMAC Apple M1 chip, 8-core CPU, 8-core GPU, 16 GB unified memory, 1 TB SSD storage, Ventura 13.6.  Photo, Publisher, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.3.
MacBook Pro 13" 2020, Apple M1 chip, 16GB unified memory, 256GB  SSD storage
,  Ventura 13.6.   Publisher, Photo, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.1.1.  
 iPad Pro 12.9 2020 (4th Gen. IOS 16.6.1); Apple pencil.  
Wired and bluetooth mice and keyboards.9_9

On 8/30/2018 at 3:36 PM, alo said:

Hello,

(but the document can be exported as a pdf for instance, which can be printed then).

Best regards, 
Alexis

On 8/30/2018 at 3:36 PM, alo said:

Hello,

Best regards, 
Alexis

Exactly  the same problem on my Mac imported pdfs edited them in publisher (which is great) but was presented with blank page when I tried to print. However when I saved them as pdfs again they printed just fine. Not a deal breaker but a really and irksome bug if I have to do this extra step each time I want to print a page

Hello,

I did a little bit of testing around that "Print" dialog box issue:

- When I open the "Print" dialog box, the default setting on my Mac is : "Fit Type" set to "Scale" at "100%" ; and the preview box is blank.

- Keeping "Fit Type" to "Scale" and changing the scaling value (whatever, as long as it is not 100%) makes the preview appears, properly displayed.

- If then = after having changed one time the scaling value, to "98%" or "102%" for instance, I set it back to "100%", the preview is still there and is properly displayed.

- Finally, when "Fit Type" is set to "Fit to Printable" or "Shrink to Printable", the preview is properly displayed.

Best regards, 
Alexis

• 11 months later...

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.