You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Placed Image Constrain

It seems like Image sizing constraint is not 'taking'.

After noting that holding the SHIFT key on a corner anchor when changing the placed size of an image did not constrain proportions, I called up Preferences.

In the Tools preference, I found only the 'Move Tool Aspect Constrain' which sounds like it is the one I wanted, but not entirely. I changed the pref for this to 'Constrain by default' - prompting a dialog to restart the App (whereas really, this should be a spontaneous change not requiring an App restart). Having done so, I note that proportions on a placed image are still not constrained when changing the placed size on the page.

Hi fenris64

This sounds like it is all working as expected. This is a standard behaviour across all our apps. By default things that you would want constrained usually are constrained by default like images and some text. Things you may usually not want constrained like shapes are not be default. You then use the shift modifier to change this. The move tool constrain option can then be changed to have every object constrained without having to press shift or none of the objects are constrained and you will always need to hold shift

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.