You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Leading Not Applied

In my first test of Publisher Beta, I could not adjust leading manually or through style. No error, no nothing. So, I've given up testing, as I can't even start up typography work. Using OS X 10.11.6  

Example of 12/24 pts

Screen Shot 2018-08-30 at 9.30.19 AM.png

7 hours ago, Skarjune said:

In my first test of Publisher Beta, I could not adjust leading manually or through style. No error, no nothing. So, I've given up testing, as I can't even start up typography work. Using OS X 10.11.6

I am able to adjust leading both using "text styles", baseline grid, and manual override. I work on a PC running Windows 10 (64-bit).

I see that you are running AffPub-beta on a Mac (you mention in your post you are using OS X 10.11.6). You might want to post in the Affinity Publisher beta forum for Mac OS if you already have not done so. Maybe someone else has run into the same issue with the app as you have. Good luck!

What I do: Document design/typesetting; Stock photo images; Digital art | Apps I use: Publisher, Photo, Designer | My PC: AMD Ryzen 7 4700U; 16.0GB RAM; Win 10 Home (21H2)

In Publisher, we treat leading primarily as a paragraph attributes so as to get consistent spacing across the paragraph. This may be different to what you are used to. If you have been setting the Character panel's Leading Override, I'd suggest reverting it to Default.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.