You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Publisher Beta--Crash/non-responsive after text wrap attempt

Hey, guys! I've been following along with the tutorials released for publisher so far, creating a test doc to learn my way around. I made it to the text wrap tutorial, and then Publisher crashed on  me, now keeps freezing/is non-responsive. :( 

I also noted that it doesn't allow me to place svg documents created with Inkscape within the program. Is this a functionality that will be added later? 

Best regards, 

SF

It finally became responsive again & I deleted the image I was trying to wrap the text around (which was a vector-based image file created originally in AI). I then replaced it with a PNG copy of the image and it's worked beautifully thus far. 

I'll keep you posted. 

• Staff

@SF1

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums :) 

Would you like to upload the file to us to try to replicate this?

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

I have the same problem with some kind of placed PDFs. Other PDFs (one or more sited) or JPGs work fine. I have saved a publisher file with a text box and the placed PDF. The only thing I have to do is to select the placed PDF go to Text Wrap Properties and click Square ... that's it ... I get the wheel of death and I have to force quite AP.

Upps. I didn't noticed that this post belongs to the windows version. I had the problem on a mac. Maybe the same.

AffinityTextWrapAttempt.afpub

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.