You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Samples in Opening Screen

Very first thing I wanted to try was a no go - clicked on View Samples in opening splash screen, see a nice Affinity Brochure with a little cloud download symbol, but no matter what I do, I can't get that document to open up - at best, I get sent to the Affinity web site home page...   Is this just broken?   I always like to start by looking at the samples.

Thanks,

Michael

Affinity-Publisher-Startup.jpg

• Staff

Click the thumbnail, it should start downloading the file (it's 469MB so will take a while - a progress indicator will move around the thumbnail's border). When it's downloaded, click the thumbnail and it will open :)

Wow.  I see it now... a very faint ring progresses around the image.  and the cloud symbol gets a tiny red X in it.    

This is quite minor in grand scheme of a beta, but as the "front door" to your product, might want to update this to be a bit more "in your face" clear that a download is in progress, and an affirmation that the download is complete. 

Thanks for setting me straight!

Michael

The little red X that replaces down arrow in the cloud icon is provided so you can cancel the download once it has started, useful if the DL stalls or is taking too long.

It is the same convention used in all the Affinity desktop apps, as is the not-so-obvious large thumbnail preview button that you need to click on to start the DL.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.