You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Thank you, Affinity!

Couldn’t agree more!! Finally, a real alternative to the complete Adobe workflow(s) is almost here. If Publisher can open INDDs or IDMLs that will help reduce the issues of maintaining Adobe products long term due to the enormous pile of legacy files. 

I agree, also a long time Indesign user. Publisher have more features than i expected.

A specially appreciate they added an option to add a shortcut to any text style. It's also nice they have mixed Paragraph & Text styles in one palette (showing both paragraph and character styles at the same time).

I add my congratulations, as both an ID and Quark user. Sure there are some issues and glitches, but for a Beta that's been out a matter of hours, this excellent. Nice intuitive fee. I'm not too concerned about legacy InDesign stuff. I have a translator for ID to Quark, and Quark can import PDFs and covert to native objects, but although both work, they either don't work perfectly, or are painful to use, so I suspect this is complex development job, an effort in itself. I'd rather Affinity focus on making Publisher great. Already, using it is like breathing clean air.

Yeah absolutely, I second that. This software looks already awesome. From what I’ve seen at the moment, I’m in especially in love with the following features:

• Text Flow with different distances on each side for free shapes (not even InDesign does support that atm)
  • Setting a distance to initials
  • Different Borders on different sides (AWESOME)
  • Pages panel can scroll as you scroll the document
  • Paragraph spacing is comprehensive (sum spaces before and after, ignore space for same style, …)
  • Comprehensive bullet points, although yet images or vectors as bullet points are still missing
  • So many text settings can be set relative to baseline, ascender, descender, etc. This is awesome!

I am very impressed with the look and feel of Affinity Publisher and will transfer one of my PagePlus Projects into Affinity Publisher format as a basis for learning the new interface. My hearty thanks to the entire Affinity team involved in this Beta release. The product looks awesome and very professional.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.